Air Conditioning Maintenance In St. Petersburg
When it comes to keeping your AC unit in good condition for the longest time possible, regular air conditioning maintenance will do the trick. Taking good care of it will prevent future problems and is the best way to catch any small issues before they handicap the entire unit and cause costly AC repairs.
Why Is Air Conditioning Maintenance Important?
The time that you don’t think you need air conditioning maintenance is usually when your unit is going to break down and leave you in need of emergency work. You can easily avoid this stressful situation by scheduling technicians to visit your St. Petersburg home and take a look at you cooling system regularly.
Total Air offers a Planned Maintenance Agreement to help you find the best schedule to make sure your home stays at a bearable temperature, even when the temperature reaches 95 degrees. Once you become one of our Preferred Customers, the agreement will give you access to all of our precision tune-ups twice a year with three exclusive discounts. You can benefit from parts and any of our air quality products with 10% off as well as 5% off all replacement parts. To thank you for your commitment to our company, we will make sure you receive priority service, so you never have to wait long if anything with your cooling system goes wrong.
Air Conditioning Maintenance In St. Petersburg From Total Air Inc.
Usually, AC represents over half of you monthly electricity usage. Knowing this, it’s important to make sure your unit works to its best so you avoid paying extra in utilities. Getting proper air conditioning maintenance is the best way to ensure the unit runs efficiently.
At Total Air in St. Petersburg, we always perform several checks and maintenance work including:
- Lubricate moving parts: Without enough lubrication, the moving parts of your cooling system will be working harder to produce the same amount of cold air, which will use more energy.
- Check Filters: In order to keep your air as clean and free of pollutants as possible, your air filters should regularly be changed.
- Review system controls: Making sure your AC starts, operates, and shuts off correctly is the basics of air conditioning maintenance and should be taken seriously. Small noises or smells detected can be signs of repairs needed.
- Check electrical components and connections: Common breakdowns are caused by issues in the electrical components of the unit. Making sure all is right will protect you from electrical hazards.
- Inspect thermostat setting: To help you make sure you are not paying more than you should to your electricity provider, we will check on the thermostat and help you set it to the most efficient setting.
- Clean coils: The coils from the evaporator and condenser will collect dirt and dust, cleaning them will help your AC work better.
- Verify refrigerant levels: For your St. Petersburg cooling system to work efficiently, it needs the perfect amount of refrigerant. Too little or too much can negatively affect the way it runs.
- Check blower mechanisms: Any issues connected to your blower can affect the airflow and reduce your AC’s efficiency by 15%.
All of these may seem like easy do it yourself projects, but air conditioning maintenance takes time and could be damaging to the unit if not performed correctly by a professional. Total Air has all the experience and expertise needed to provide you with the best service all around the bay area. You can learn more about us and our services by looking through our website.
If you are looking for air conditioning maintenance in St. Petersburg, feel free to give us a call at 727-822-7700 to schedule an appointment.