If your St. Petersburg home is starting to get as hot as the outside temperature, it’s probably time for you to think about air conditioner repair. After all, we know all you want after a long summer day is a cool place to relax.
Your cooling problem could be something small, such as an air filter that needs to be changed, or it could be something more complicated that can’t be taken care of on your own. This is the time when calling a professional might be prudent.
Heat overtaking the house should be the first sign you need air conditioner repair, but it is often not the only sign. Read on and find out how you can tell if you need air repair.
Is Your Air Conditioner Acting Normal?
When you lack the expertise, it’s difficult to differentiate what’s normal from what’s not. Here are a few things you should observe in your St. Petersburg home to make sure everything is A-OK with your air cooling. If you notice something different, call Total Air immediately for air conditioner repair service:
- Noise level is a sign your cooling system may need special attention. If you can hear any unusual sounds such as thumping, grinding, or screeching, then it’s time to call for emergency AC repair.
- Can you still feel air coming out through the vents? Filters get clogged and need to be regularly replaced to ensure you’re getting the best airflow and are not causing undue strain on your unit. If you’ve just changed your filter and are still experiencing poor airflow, it could be a blower issue.
- Warm air blowing from your unit is a strong sign telling you to have a professional take a look at your air conditioner.
- Keep an eye on your bills for an unusual peak in your monthly electricity consumption which often indicates your AC is not performing well.
- Don’t let your nose fool you. A malfunctioning air conditioning system can cause unfriendly smells.
Even if you’re unsure if you need air conditioner repair, having the system looked at by a professional for general maintenance may be a good idea. It could easily lower your electricity bill and prevent any future catastrophes.
Don’t hesitate to contact the trained AC professionals at Total Air of St. Petersburg to discover how we can help you with your home cooling system. You can learn more about the team and services offered by calling us today at (727)822-7700.Benefits of Regular AC Services »